Come Spy With Us - Various Artists - CD ACE
Superb Ace Records 25-track set of espionage-themed classics by John Barry, The Walker Brothers, Dusty Springfield, Lalo Schifrin, Nancy Sinatra, The Ventures, Matt Monro, The Supremes and others!
...The Name s Bond. Or it could be Solo, Kuryakin, Flint, Palmer, Drummond, Gunn, Burke or any one of a number of celluloid saviours of the world whose on-screen exploits had the world on the edge of its seat in the 1950s and 60s. In tribute to those who kept us safe in those dangerous years, and with the personal approval of MI6.5, Come Spy With Us brings you a superb selection of not-so-secret sounds from the world of espionage, as shown on both big and small screens - all carefully selected by our team of gadget-happy backroom boffins to represent every facet of spying and secret agency. Many of these are as famous as the films and TV shows that they first appeared in.
Nothing has been shaken, but our musical Martini has been well stirred to include film and TV themes from all your favourite spy and secret agent shows from here and the USA, brought to you by a cast as famous as those who brought these fictitious (or are they?) figures to life.
Also in the mix you'll find the important love themes from some of the best spy and secret agent films, both serious and tongue in cheek. Over 90% of the featured tracks are new to Ace CD. Ace have had their agents working round the clock to ensure that this musical mission goes off without a hitch. Your mission should you choose to accept it is to purchase this CD in the shortest possible time...
1. A Man Alone - John Barry And His Orchestra
2. Deadlier Than The Male - The Walker Brothers
3. Arabesque - The Ventures
4. The Look Of Love - Dusty Springfield
5. Danger Man - Red Price And His Combo
6. The Silencers - Vikki Carr
7. Secret Agent Man - Al Caiola
8. Who Needs Forever - Astrud Gilberto
9. Theme From The Man From U.N.C.L.E - The Challengers
10. The Last Of The Secret Agents - Nancy Sinatra
11. Mission: Impossible - Lalo Schifrin And His Orchestra
12. Dr. Goldfoot And The Bikini Machine - The Supremes
13. Our Man Flint - Billy Strange
14. Wednesday's Child - Matt Monro
15. Get Smart - Don Adams
16. We Should've - Cleo Laine & Ray Ellington
17. The James Bond Theme - Johnny And The Hurricanes
18. Burke's Law Theme - Wynton Kelly
19. Where The Bullets Fly - Susan Maughan
20. High Wire - Brian Fahey And His Orchestra
21. Bye Bye (Theme From Peter Gunn) - Sarah Vaughan
22. Theme From Where The Spies Are - Jimmy Smith
23. The Liquidator - Shirley Bassey
24. I Spy - Roland Shaw And His Orchestra
25. Come Spy With Me - Smokey Robinson And The Miracles